Apply Now: Les Zambo Scholarship for MBA Students
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE MARCH 29, 2010
The Fisher International MBA Program invites applicants for the Les Zambo Scholarship Program. Zambo Scholars will receive up to $3,500 grant towards tuition for MBA studies. Award may be applied to Summer 2010, Fall 2010 or Spring 2011 semesters.
The program is designed to offer financial aid and encouragement to deserving full-time students preparing for international careers while recognizing academic achievement by students in the Fisher International MBA Program. Â In addition, the program encourages academic excellence, commitment to the field, service to the Program and the Institute, and collegiality with the MBA class, staff and faculty.
- Be full-time degree candidates in the MBA program.
- Have completed at least one full-time semester of graduate work in the Fisher International MBA.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Be in residence during the Summer 2010, Fall 2010 or Spring 2011 academic term.
Preference in Awarding the Scholarship will be provided to:
- Applicants intending a career in international finance and/or accounting at the time of the award
- Applicants whose financial needs are underserved
- Applicants who demonstrate strong academic performance, a commitment to the field, service to the Program and Institute, and collegiality with the MBA class, staff and faculty.
- Submission of attached application form (Zambo Scholarship App AY 2010-2011).
- Submission of a personal statement attesting to scholarly achievement, talent, leadership qualities, character, interpersonal skills, intellectual curiosity, description of service to the Fisher MBA and the Monterey Institute, demonstrated collegiality with MBA program, staff and faculty, and community involvement.Â Statement should also articulate future career aspirations of the applicant and their commitment to the field.
- Submission of a resume.
- Submission of unofficial transcript.
- Submit all of the above with the following form by March 29th, 2010.
Zambo Scholars may not combine this award with another scholarship which would provide a benefit greater than full tuition for one academic year. While students holding another scholarship may receive the designation as a Zambo Scholar, any combined amount above one year of full-time tuition will be returned to the Schoolâ€™s scholarship fund.
Apply by March 29th, 2010 to: Les Zambo Scholarship Fund, Fisher International MBA Program. Submit your application to Toni M. Thomas, Assistant Dean, GSIPM