Most of the time,to use the MIIS wireless network, all you need to do is the following:
- Click the Wireless Network Connection icon on the Taskbar.
- From the list of Wireless Network Connections, choose “miis” and click Connect.
- Enter your MIIS username and password (same as your email account). If your laptop was previously joined to another local network you may have to enter the account as “midd\username”.
- Click OK.
However, if the above procedure does not work for you, follow the steps below.
- Click the Wireless Network Connection icon on the Taskbar. The Wireless Network Connection Status dialog box opens.
- Click Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Manage wireless networks.
- On the next screen click Add.
- Click Manually create a network profile.
- Under Information for the wireless network you want to add”
- Enter miis into the Network name field.
- Select WPA-‐Enterprise or WPA2-‐Enterprise in the Security type dropdown menu.
- Select TKIP or AES in the Encryption type dropdown nemu. Note: you must choose TKIP for WPA or AES for WPA2.
- Check to select Start this connection automatically.
- Check to select Connect even if the network is not broadcasting.
- Click Next.
- Click Change connection settings.
- Click on the Security tab, then Settings.
- Uncheck, validate server certificate, then click the Configure button.
- Uncheck the Automatically use my Windows logon name and password… checkbox. Finally click OK.
- Click OK to close Protected EAP Properties.
- In the Security tab, click on Advanced Settings.
- Click Specify Authentication mode and choose User Authenticateion. Click OK.
- Click OK to close miis Wireless Network properties.
- Click Close to complete the setup.
Once you have completed the configuration steps in the above section, you should be able to see a “bubble” prompting in at the right-‐lower corner of your task-‐bar. You can then follow the below steps to connect to the network.
- Click on the bubble Additional information is required to connect to miis prompted in your task-‐bar.
- When a network dialog box will appear. Enter your username and password (same as your email account). And then click OK.
You should now be able to connect to MIIS network resources and the internet.