Our student-run localization “company” is taking shape! Here’s what we’ve accomplished so far:
- Presented the idea to Professor Uwe Muegge and Dean Jourdenais
- Put seven student project managers in place for the test project (one PM for each language)
- We’ve selected Google Translator Toolkit as the tool for the test project
- We’ve created a term base and a translation memory to be used on all MIIS projects
- Project managers have been introduced to the workflow and QA procedures
- Prepared the files for translation
The first project (localizing this page) will be initiated Wednesday morning. But this is only the beginning. We want as many TLM students as possible to be project managers as things move forward. Please stay tuned, and leave a comment or join the team to be more involved. We are in particular need of localization engineers, so please let us know if you have a basic understanding of html/css.