The theme of this year’s TEDxMonterey event to be held on April 15, 2011 on campus is Cultivating Innovation. In the spirit of promoting creativity and innovation, the Digital Media Commons and the organizers of TEDxMonterey present the 2011 InnovateABLE IDEAS contest.
The contest will run in 5 phases:
- BRAINSTORM February 11-23 In this phase we invite our community to register an idea
- CHAMPION February 24 – March 8 During this period individuals will team up and refine their ideas
- SLAM! March 9 12-2pm A lunchtime Idea Slam where Idea Teams will go public Pecha Kucha style!
- VOTE March 9 – March 18 The MIIS Community will have a chance to review ideas and vote on their favorites
- PITCH at TedxMonterey April 15 The top 3 ideas will have an opportunity to pitch their idea for a final vote
An InnovateAble IDEA is something that’s DO-Able, a pragmatic idea that solves a problem, and helps to further connect the MIIS community. It should also strive to do more with less.
Do you have an IDEA of how to do something different at MIIS? Make something more efficient? Higher quality? Even better? Or something brand spanking new? Get on the InnovateAbles Forum and get brain-jammin’! The IDEA submission phase ends Wednesday, February 23rd.